Thursday, September 18, 2014

Thursday. September 17th

Blog Post of the Day:
What is the importance of deadlines? How do high school deadlines reflect or simulate "real world" experience? Give an example of when you met or or didn't meet a deadline that was important.




I think deadlines are important because if there weren't any deadlines would people actually do anything? I know I wouldn't. I think without deadlines the world would be really chaotic. For example lets say a bread factory had no deadline to fill its next shipment of bread. The bread wouldn't ship out and if enough companies did this there would be a really short supply of a lot of things. I remember meeting the deadline for the honors bio project last year and having a huge sense of satisfaction and relief. I think high school deadlines reflect real world experience because in the real world you will have deadlines but if you don't meet them in the real world there are harsher consequences. Deadlines can be stressful, especially if they are close and you still have a lot to do, but I think deadlines keep the world turning.

No comments:

Post a Comment